Your hair used to be very good, what happened to them? Your hair was shiny, why are they rough now? Your hair used to be very long, what made you cut them?
These are all questions we all hear in our daily lives,and yet we don’t give our hair due care. People often get offended when they are told you don’t look after your hair; everyone thinks they are doing well here. But let’s get some reality check, do you properly eat? Do you get proper sleep? Do you oil your hair at least once a week?
If the answers to these questions are “no” then my dear it’s certain that you are going to have a thin hairline sooner or later.
It’s also a fact that hair growth depends upon genetics too, but the good news is that you can still grow up to 12 inches if you spend some time on your hair.
Now, how can you boost up your hair? Here are a few tips and tricks that work wonders for hair.
Tips and Tricks
The first thing you need to focus on is consuming food that is good for your hair’s health. Here is a short list that helps your hair getting the proper nutrition.
- Avocado, the vitamin-rich fruit really promotes your hair growth. It’s good if you eat it, if not then you can simply grind it, make a paste and apply on your hair. Usinga paste twice a week will give you good results.
- Fish, we hear from oldies that if we want healthy, long and shiny hair fish is a must eat. Well, guess what? They are not wrong. Fish has vitamin D, omega 3 fatty acids and so much of the protein. And if you can’t eat fish, you can have fish oil capsules once a week in summers and twice a week in winters, but don’t forget to consult a physician before using them.
- Eggs, the protein in egg yolk helps to strengthen the hair; it may combat the damaging hair. You need to have at least one egg in the breakfast either on alternate days or daily, whatever suits you best. Either eat the egg or apply egg it will both benefit your hair.
- Almonds, these are not just good for memory but the nuts to add to the beauty of your hair, use them in your diet not just for hair or skin but for leading a healthy life. Almonds have high biotin content that helps you with your hair.
- Apple, an apple a day keeps the doctor away, well that’s true at least when it comes to hair, this miracle fruit actually helps your hair grow. You can eat 2-3 apples a day if you do not have diabetes. This fruit has copper, magnesium, potassium.
These are a few foods you can add on to your daily diet to make your hair look great. Any food which has a good quantity of protein is good for hair.
Avoid Using Colors:
Coloring hair is the new trend these days, no doubt they look good,but it’s actually not worth it. Using regular dyes actually, make your hair rough and damaged. The beauty of hair is in the originality, so, if you really love your hair, stop using dyes or at least use the organic ones.
Stop Using Heating Appliances:
Ever noticed why our hair become rough and lose the shining after too much of the hair styling? Well, our hair is sensitive and can’t tolerate the hot spell created by these gadgets. So, avoid these tools as much as you can, not only this,but you shouldn’t be taking hot showers this also makes the hair dull and dead.
After some tips and tricks, it’s time to follow some natural and tested remedies for reviving hair growth.
Aloe Vera Mask:
Things you will be needing:
- Aloe Vera leaf
- 1 t-spoon coconut oil
- 1 t-spoon castor oil
- 1 t-spoon mustard oil
- 1 t-spoon black seed powder
- 1 vitamin E capsule
Peel of the Aloe Vera and take extract the gel from it, or you can use Aloe Vera gel available in the market but for more good results use the fresh leaf. Once you have the gel, mix all the other constituents in a bowl and make a good paste. Apply the mixture on your scalp and cover the head with a towel or plastic wrap for 1-2 hours and then use your regular shampoo and then see the results, this can be used only 3 times a week.
- 1 Egg
- 1 t-spoon almond oil
- 1 t-spoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
Crack the egg and mix all the other things in a bowl and apply the mask on your scalp and leave for an hour and then use your regular shampoo.
Onion & Coconut Oil
Stuff you need:
- 1 tablespoon onion juice
- 1t-spoon coconut oil
- 1 t-spoon rose water (optional to avoid onion’s pungent smell)
Mix everything and apply on the scalp. The scent might irritate you,but the results are worth it. Don’t use it for more than twice a week. And avoid using this remedy in hot weather as the smell won’t go away quickly. If you are a working woman, try this oil when you’re on leave,or you have holidays.
Whatever remedy you use don’t forget to massage thoroughly, as it helps the scalp to absorb the constituents. Also, to protect your hair always cover them either with a hat or a scarf in sunlight as it damages the hair. And get the regular check on your split ends, they too don’t want your hair to grow.
And lastly remember, your body, your skin, your hair all need your time, if you can’t take care of yourself, you’ll never be able to do anything confidently.